Wednesday, September 2, 2009

2009/2010 Camera Club Season is Here!

Welcome September and the beginning of the 2009/2010 Camera Club Season is upon us.

Next week, I have 2 club meetings, our Port Perry club has it's September meeting Tuesday and our first Oshawa club meeting of the season is Wednesday night.

Tuesday, we are having a workshop on composition, which is really the one and only thing I retained from photography in college - most likely because I also paint and composition is as important in one as it is in the other so I've continued to use it through the years. If there's one thing I struggle with in composition, it's creatively breaking the rules...

I'm excited about the Oshawa club this year. I'm a Team leader for one of the six groups for photo essays this season. We have the opportunity to complete five photo essays over the course of the season and have 2 well under way. We have a meeting coming up on the 13th to review where we are at on our assignments.

Our topics this year are street photography, architecture, Windreach Farm, weather & portraiture and this is in addition to our four clinics this season which are close encounters, weather, panoramas & crazy captions.

I'm looking forward to a very productive & informative season!!

- Paula
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment